Skip to main content
Guildford Flames
our twitterour facebook page youtubeinstagram

December 15th at Fife Flyers - League

Trailing by a goal in the 3rd, a powerplay and a shorthanded marker levelled it and offered a lead before the Flames went on to a 5-2 win at Fife Flyers to complete the 4 point Scottish weekend haul. 

Danick Gauthier set Flyers to a lead just under 5 minutes into the contest, but Ian Watters levelled it just 21 seconds later. 

A Flames penalty to close out the 1st period carried over in the middle frame and Flyers made their manpower advantage count 63 seconds after re-start when Carlo Finucci made it 2-1. 

Exactly as Flyers had to close the 1st, Flames had a powerplay that closed the 2nd period and stretched into the 3rd where and TJ Foster converted just over minute past period faceoff to make it 2 goals each.  A 46th minute shorthanded goal, the eventual winner by Ben Davies, gave Flames their first lead of the contest and Watters 2nd of the evening less than 2 minutes later had the visitors in control at 4-2.  Desperate to get back in it, Flyers pulled their netminder for an extra attacker, but the plan was foiled when Brett Ferguson’s 200 foot clearance stopped only when it hit the back of the empty net a little over 2 minutes from time to secure the win.

“That is a great result for the game and for the weekend on the whole,” said Paul Dixon.  “You don’t look at a doubleheader on the schedule and pencil yourself in for all 4 points so certainly to now be going home with all of them is a great feeling for all of us.”

“To be honest we were a little unlucky to be trailing after the 2nd but our persistence paid off and we were rewarded for a good game with a big win.”

Add to favorites

Guildford Spectrum
Parkway, Guildford
Surrey GU1 1UP

Tel: 01483 452244

Sportfact Ltd t/a Guildford Flames Ice Hockey Club registered in England number 2936656
Privacy Policy

Site Powered By
eDirectHost Website Builder

By continuing to use this site you agree to our Cookies Policy.